PayPal Payments Standard is a payment wallet gateway that allows you to accept PayPal and credit card transactions using a hosted page on PayPal Web site. Customers will be redirected temporarily to the hosted payment page to complete the checkout process.
This gateway supports the following features:
- Purchase using gateway hosted page
- Payment notification
The following fields are required:
- Email – Your PayPal registered email account.
- Username – Your API username and is different from your account username.
- Password – Your API password and is different from your account password.
To obtain the API credentials, you need to have a personal or business account with PayPal. Follow the steps below to obtain your credentials.
- Login to PayPal Web site and go to your Account Settings.
- Click on Update for the "API Access" section.
- Under the "NVP/SOAP API integration" section, click on Manage API credentials.
- Copy the API credentials (API Username, API Password and Signature) information.
Checkout using PayPal Website Payments Standard relies on the Web browser redirection to a PayPal hosted payment page and therefore, you need to configure the return URL to ensure the customer is safely redirected back to your site after completing their payment on PayPal. To configure the return URL, login to PayPal Web site and go to Profile
. Then go to Website payment preferences.
Enable Auto Return
and simply set the Return URL
field to your Web site’s root address (e.g. http://www.example.com
). The Storefront will automatically set the complete notification URL via the PayPal API behind the scene.
Revindex Storefront supports Instant Payment Notification (IPN) with PayPal Website Payments Standard. IPN allows a checkout to complete without the customer needing to redirect back to your site after paying on PayPal.com site. There is nothing to configure but if your PayPal account is set to block payments for non-confirmed addresses, IPN may not work correctly. To allow payments from non-confirmed addresses, go to your PayPal account under Profile > Payment Receiving Preferences and select "No" for the Block payments from U.S. users who do not provide a Confirmed Address setting.