Revindex Storefront supports recurring products, also known as a subscription. The system will automatically create a new order for the customer when the recurring period has elapsed. You must first enable the Recurring orders feature under Configuration > General. Creating a recurring product for sale is easy and takes a few minutes. Below are the typical steps:
- From the Catalog > Products menu, click on Add new
- On the General tab, give your product a meaningful name.
- On the Description tab, enter the description for your product.
- On the Display tab, select the categories this product should be associated with.
- Click on Save. Your initial product is now created with a default variant.
- On the Gallery tab, add some images to depict your product.
- On the Variant tab, select the default variant:
- On the General tab, give it a name or leave blank. Enter the SKU for this product if you have one. You may fill up the other information about this variant such as manufacturer, inventory, etc.
- On the Price tab, enter the base price for this product. Assign the variant to a Tax class if it is taxable.
- Set a non-zero number for the Recurring value and the desired recurring interval.
- On the Shipping tab, check the Require shipping checkbox if this product needs shipping.
- On the Dimension tab, enter the weight and dimension of your variant to be used for shipping calculation. The values should include any packaging.
That's it. You have now created a new recurring product ready to sell. You can always go back to edit your product and make changes.