The following example assumes you want to update all product images of a certain format. Make sure you read the Overview first to understand how it works. Please refer to Gallery for full column specifications.
Use object keys to help match products to gallery objects easily. Please see How to bulk update product keys for example on initializing your object keys.
- Take a full backup of your site prior to doing any bulk update operation.
- Under Catalog > Products, click Export button. Choose Export from = "Gallery" and click Export to download the CSV file. Open the CSV file in your favorite spreadsheet program.
- The gallery export may include images that are related to other entities like category and variant. Since you only want to update product images, delete all rows that don't have a value in the ProductID column. If you only want to affect products of a certain format (e.g. thumbnail), you need to further remove rows that don't belong to the desired Format value.
- For every row in the Act column, set the value "d" to indicate a delete action. Save your file.
- Under the Catalog > Products screen, click on the Import button. Choose Import to = "Gallery" and choose your newly edited CSV file. Click Import. If it succeeded, all product images that are marked "d" will have been deleted from your system.
- Continuing from your spreadsheet, now replace the "d" value with the "i" action in the Act column for all the rows to indicate an insert action.
- From your site Admin > File Management page, create a folder to temporarily hold your new images (e.g. "MyUploads"). Upload your new images to the newly created folder. You may use FTP or your browser to perform the actual uploads of the images.
- In the StageMediaFile column, replace the value with your newly uploaded image filenames. The path should be relative to your portal folder path. You can make use of the ProductKey column to help match the product with the correct image.
- Under the Catalog > Products screen, click on the Import button. Choose Import to = "Gallery" and choose your newly edited CSV file. Click Import. If it succeeded, all product images that are marked "i" will have been imported to your system.