We all know how important social media is to businesses and that is why our latest Revindex Storefront 7.5 now includes support for social sharing. Imagine a customer who stumbled on a super deal at your site can easily share that deal with his friends and circles through Facebook, Google+, Linked-In, Pinterest, or Twitter. These friends will tell others and soon enough, you'll be selling more without spending any advertisement money!
At Revindex, we're always thinking of ways to help you sell more! A good idea is to create bundled products for things you already sell. Think Happy Meal or Microsoft Office? Research shows businesses increase sales especially when they bundle products that are available for sale individually. Customers appreciate the convenience and the price savings that comes with bundles. For example, you could bundle products like cream, soap and sponge in a basket that would otherwise have a difficult time selling alone. With Revindex Storefront, you can create different types of bundles including configurable bundles that allow the customer to make their own selection and pick the quantity! Best of all, the inventory of each part is still tracked so you know exactly how many products you have in stock.
Bundled product is a powerful concept that has wide implications. In the past you can only have one downloadable file per product. With the addition of bundled products, you can now create implicit bundles allowing you to pair as many downloadable products together essentially achieving multiple downloadable files in a single product.
You can now issue access rights within the Storefront. This is useful for businesses that sell virtual goods (e.g. e-book, software, courses, etc.) and need a way to safely transmit access codes (license key, password, serial numbers, etc.) to unlock the purchased item. Upon purchase, the customer will receive an email with their access rights and they will even be able to view it from their manage account page.
If you're already a Revindex Storefront merchant, this is a great time to upgrade. We recently updated the support for the new Google Universal Analytic tracking that you should definitely migrate to as the old platform will be phased out soon. We also updated the shipping to handle breaking changes in USPS.
We added the ability for customers to print their confirmation page, usability, performance improvements and much more. There are so many more new enhancements and fixes that we cannot possibly cover here. Check out the list of features, fixes and security enhancements below.
Test drive our Free Hosted Trial (no installation needed) or download our Free Trial software to run on your site. Check out the online demo (the user/pwd is on the Login page). Revindex Storefront is an EVOQ Preferred product, PCI compliant and Avalara certified for tax accuracy. Come visit Revindex.com and talk to us about your next project!
- Support bundled products.
- Support license key and serial number rights distribution.
- Enable social share buttons (facebook, linkedin, twitter, pinterest, google) on product detail page.
- Support new Google Universal Analytics tracking.
- Support Unishippers shipping provider.
- Support printing of confirmation page.
- Added continue shopping button on confirmation page.
- Removed unnecessary SQL transactions in many admin setting pages to improve performance and reduce DTC escalation.
- Minor usability improvements to admin screens.
- Performance improvements when deleting objects.
- Make PayFast PDT validation optional instead of mandatory.
- Disallow preorders from being paid by customer in the Manage Order screen.
- Handle lowercase page view grid or list mode on Product List module.
- Expose SKU, shipping code to shipping and handling method XSL rules.
- Expose product categories to Sales order detail type promotion custom rule.
- Usability improvements in XSL custom rules.
- Fixed required product quantity should respect variant max order quantity.
- Fixed error importing product attributes that are not of definition type "Selection".
- Fixed store not recognizing default user country and region.
- Fixed product filter shows attributes from unavailable variants.
- Fixed First Data Global Gateway not recognizing SSL certificate.
- Fixed PayU Business payment gateway not completing transaction after successful checkout.
- Fixed Volume Fit packing rule not calculating the correct number of packages.
- Fixed product availability rule logging unnecessary errors.
- Fixed cross-sell product not handling add to cart when quantity textbox is hidden.
- Fixed cannot repurpose sales order object to a different warehouse or seller when adding product to cart from a different seller or warehouse.
- Fixed delete voucher definition may not unset all product variants.
- Reusing anonymous user during checkout will now also check for existing users by email and not just by username.
- Expose city and street information to product and checkout availability rules for query.
- Fixed incorrect initial value for StartRecurringIntervalType in product variant.
- Fixed incorrect validation of variant min and max order inventory.
- Fixed import and export should include RightDefinitionID for ProductVariant entity.
- Fixed REST API should include RightDefinitionID for ProductVariant entity.
- Fixed REST API should ignore ProductComponentID and ProductPartID when performing insert service.
- Fixed sample input typos in Right email receipt template.
- Update USPS service name changes affecting Standard Post shipping methods.
- Fixed missing inventory calculation for bundled products.